3 easiest ways to become a permanent resident of Australia
Do you want to discover the easiest ways through which you can secure a permanent residency visa in Australia to live, work, and become a potential citizen? Then You must Read this!
Becoming a permanent resident of any country implies that you are now eligible to live in the country indefinitely without any restrictions from the government authorities. However, not all countries offer foreign immigrants this kind of opportunity.
Aside from Canada immigration, Australia also receives tons of applications from immigrants all over the world. This is evident from the several applications received from individuals who want to migrate to Australia from Dubai.
If you seek to live, study, work, and bring your family to Australia, then, there are various options to stay in the country permanently. However, over the years, these three methods have been proven to be the most prevalent in applying for permanent residency in Australia.
1). Family Stream 2). Work Stream 3). Business or Investor Stream
This option is mainly for artisans, professionals/expats who want to work and reside permanently in Australia. They must possess the required experience or profession needed in the country. Generally, there are two typical visa class if you want to apply for residency through the work stream. We have the skilled independent 189 visa sub-class and the regional 887 subclasses.
- Skilled Independent (189) – this is for skilled immigrants who do not have a sponsor in Australia. It is divided into two types; the point-based stream and the New Zealand stream (New Zealand citizens).
The first step is to file an expression of interest after you have ensured that you have the needed occupation, then, await the government invitation to apply. Besides, other factors will determine your eligibility. You require a minimum of 65 points to qualify for an invitation.
During the process, your education and skills shall be accessed by the appropriate skills assessment body in Australia. With the skilled independent visa, you can also sponsor any of your relatives to travel to Australia.
The processing period for the subclass 189 visa is between 7 – 8 months. Here is a comprehensive information on the Australia immigration from Dubai.
- Skilled regional subclass (887) – The setback about this visa is that applicants must have worked and resided in a specific region in Australia for 2 years before their application. It takes about 16 – 18 months to process, and successful applicants will live permanently in Australia and also sponsor their relatives to become residents of the country. It is an excellent choice for skilled individuals already living in Australia as a temporary resident.
- Family Stream
The family stream visa application is for families, close relations of Australian citizens or permanent residents. Also, adopted children (within or outside the country), and any close family to a sick or aged Australia resident can apply. The disadvantage of this class of visa is that it is quite expensive to process.
Under the family stream, there are multiple choice of visas which depends on a number of factors.
Please note: Each of this visa subclass has its own eligibility requirements.
|Relatives, Adopted kids, and long-term caregivers||Spouse or married partners||Parents visiting children or vice versa|
|Subclass (Aged dependent relative visa)||Subclass 309 and 100 (Partner visa)||Subclass 143 (Contributory parent visa)|
|Subclass 116 (Carer visa)||Subclass 300 (Prospective marriage visa)||Subclass 103 (Parent visa)|
|Subclass 115 (Remaining relative visa)||Subclass 114 (Aged dependent relative visa)|
|Subclass 117 (Orphan relative visa)|
- Business or Investment Stream
This special class of visa is for high profile individuals who want to or have invested in the Australian economy via the business establishment, companies, government properties, stocks, or bonds.
There are three categories of business or investment stream that offers a permanent visa; they are:
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 888) – for business or company owners, entrepreneurs, and foreign investors who want to live permanently in Australia. The cost of this visa is about AUD2, 405, but thee are no specific processing period.
- Investor Visa: this is mainly for investors who have one or several investments within the Australian territory. However, such investor must have been a temporary resident before his application.
- Tertiary or state-sponsored investor (subclass 893): this is a Special investor visa for state-sponsored investors who were previously under the provisional subclass 165. Such an investor must have maintained the investment for 4 years with no record of criminal or fraudulent activity.
The cost for the application is about AUD2, 275.
From several years of experience, as a MARA certified Australian immigration consultants in Dubai, I can confidently tell you that we receive a lot of interest primarily through the skilled independent subclass. With the required skills or occupation, the 189 subclass is the best option to apply for PR in Australia. However, if you have a relation in Australia who is a citizen or holds a PR visa, then, i would prefer you apply via the Family stream or skilled independent(sponsor influenced). The business stream is not for everyone; only those who can meet the financial requirements.