Officially the Commonwealth of Dominica, this beautiful island boasts pristine sandy beaches, lush green mountains, acres of unspoiled tropical rainforests, and some of the best diving and hiking in the Caribbean. A diverse blend of English, French, African and Carib peoples and cultures, Dominica is a politically and economically stable state with the lowest crime rate in the region. In addition Dominica recognizes dual citizenship. The Economic Citizenship Program offers applicants a wealth of benefits and privileges:
- No physical residency requirements.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 28.
- Inclusion of unmarried daughters under 28 living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Inclusion of dependent parents and grandparents over 55.
- No education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to over 110 countries, including Europe’s Schengen zone, the U.K., Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey.
- No taxes for non-residents.
To qualify for citizenship in Dominica, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a basic knowledge of English.
Kitts & Nevis
Citizenship by Investment: ST. KITTS & NEVIS
Availing Citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis through Investment
One of the oldest programmes for acquiring citizenship through investment, the Citizenship by Investment Unit by St. Kitts & Nevis allows foreign investors to obtain a second passport and become a citizen of the country through qualified investment. According to the provision, an investor may choose to (1) donate $250,000 to the St. Kitts & Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF); (2) or make a real estate investment valued at $400,000, excluding due diligence and government fees.
A new provision launched in September 2017 also states investors can donate $150,000 to a new hurricane relief fund to obtain full family citizenship, although this is only available until March 2018.
LEGAL FOUNDATION OF PERMANENT CITIZENSHIP
St. Kitts & Nevis have forwarded the Citizenship by Investment Unit, which aims to attract investments from foreign investors, with the benefit of citizenship. The country does not levy taxes on income or capital hailing from income streams overseas, which investors can leverage into their existing tax plans or wealth protection strategies. Furthermore, citizens of St. Kitts & Nevis can enjoy travel to more than 120 countries, without needing to acquire a visa. This includes nations in the Schengen Area, Ireland, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Option for real estate investment valued at $400,000
- Option to donate $250,000 to the SIDF
- Option to donate $150,000 for hurricane recovery (until March 2018)
- Government processing fee of $50,000/person ($25,000/person under 18 years old)
- Due diligence fees: $7,500/person, $4,000/person aged 18-25, $2,000/child
- Citizenship comes with second passport
- Free travel to the UK, EU, and Schengen Area
- Residency in a tax-free country
- Dependent children up to 30 years old can be covered
- Dependent parents from 55 years old can be covered
- Visits to the country not required
*Costs are merely for guidance purposes. For more specific family quotes, get in touch with DM Consultant.
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS
Investors who opt for the real estate option must invest in designated real estate projects. These investments can only be sold after a period of five years.
Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua & Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, which can prove advantageous for business expansion and tax relief. Other benefits include the following:
- Application processing within three to four months.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 26 and dependent parents or grandparents over 65.
- No requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including the Schengen zone, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
Benefits for Permanent Residents
- Free movement within the Schengen zone after Bulgaria becomes a member state.
- Access to high-quality health care in Bulgaria and the EU.
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
- Benefits for Citizens
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe.
- Right to own land in any EU country.
Offered in accordance with the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria Act, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship includes a fast-track citizenship option. It is also one of the fastest programs to lead to residence.
To qualify for residency or citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Be a non-EU citizen.
- Possess a valid passport or another foreign travel document.
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of invested funds.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Attest the power of attorneys and the investment agreement.
- Make the minimum statutory trips to Bulgaria.
WHY CHOOSE GRENADA?
Citizenship by Investment: GRENADA
Availing Citizenship in Grenada through Investment
The citizenship by investment programme launched by Grenada is one of the newest avenues available for prospective investors who wish to acquire a second passport. The programme offers citizenship in Grenada, along with a second passport, in return for qualified investment in recognised channels.
Grenada is only one of three countries in the Caribbean with access to the USA E2 Treaty Investor Visa. Combined with the low investment threshold for acquiring citizenship, this platform lends incredible opportunities for potential investors.
LEGAL FOUNDATION OF PERMANENT CITIZENSHIP
Launched in 2013, the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme is backed by the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Act, which is designed to enable potential investors and persons with influence to rightfully acquire permanent residence and citizenship through qualified investment. Qualified investments are generally categorised as those that aid the country’s economic growth and sustainable development.
To qualify, applicants are required to invest $350,000 in a real estate project approved by the government. The investment must be maintained for a period of 4 years. Other qualifications include good moral character, healthy physical condition, and a high net worth.
- Children up to 25 years of age can be covered by the programme (with restrictions)
- Qualified real estate investment amounting to $350,000
- Parents of the application from 65 years of age can be covered
- Free travel to more than 100 countries, including the Schengen Area
- E2 USA Visa treaty enables investors with significant businesses to live in the USA
- Diligence fees, government fees, and applicant fees apply (approximately $125,000/family of 4)
- Tax exemption on worldwide income
- Processing period: 4 months
- No country restrictions (citizens free to travel to Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran)
Aside from residence in the USA, the E2 USA Visa treaty also allows citizens to start and run a big business in the United States.
Citizenship by Investment: ST. LUCIA
Availing Citizenship in St. Lucia through Investment
The government of St. Lucia opened the doors to foreign investors with the prospect of obtaining citizenship through its Citizenship by Investment Programme on January 2016. In order to qualify, an investor can choose from a range of investment avenues:
(1) a minimum donation in the Saint Lucia National Economic Fund;
(2) an investment in a qualified real estate project;
(3) an investment in a qualified enterprise project;
(4) or through purchase of government bonds.
- Donation amounting to $100,000 (excluding costs)
- Minimum investment valued at $300,000 on a qualified real estate project
- Application fees will be recognised and levied
- Foreign investor need not live in Saint Lucia to qualify for citizenship
- Full family coverage includes dependent children
- Citizenship applications can be entered remotely
- Processing period can take 90 days or 3 months