Dominica Citizenship by Investment – opportunity to get a Dominica passport in Dubai for as low as $100,000 or a real estate investment of at least $200,000.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment
The Dominica government, through its Citizenship by Investment program, invites interested investors who are willing to contribute towards the country’s growth and advancement, provide business and employment opportunities for residents of Dominica. The Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) handles the program, and it offers qualified investors the opportunity to get a Dominica passport.
Applications for the Dominica citizenship by investment program is licensed only to authorized agents. Therefore, applications are only received by the CBIU through these agents. DM-consultant in Dubai has representative agents who ensure that foreign investors in UAE get the best representation for their application. Dominica government, in its part, consistently provide a robust legislative and administrative plan, together with the economic support that is required to secure investments, and provide maximum return for investors. It is evident through various long-term and advanced financial structures and policies, established to compete with the high demands of the global business environment.
Aside from the wonderful and outstanding environment in Dominica, there are several business advantages for foreign investors. Some of these include low taxation on capital gains, access to several regions, and a double taxation treaty Dominica has with the US and CARICOM. Here is a link to the various business advantages for foreign investors.
What are the Investment options for a Dominica Citizenship by Investment program?
Applicants for the Dominica Citizenship by investment program can choose any of the three options below:
- Economic Diversification Fund: applicants will have to make a one-time contribution of $100,000 and other additional amount depending on the number of dependents.
- Real estate Investment: this requires the purchase of a real estate property in Dominica with a minimum worth of $200,000. Check out more on the approved real estate projects in Dominica.
How to apply for Dominica Citizenship by Investment
There are various stages involved in the application for Dominica citizenship by investment program.
- Investors will Choose a certified Dominica visa agent that will represent their application.
The Citizenship by Investment Unit does not accept direct or personal applications.
- The authorized agent will work together with the applicant to make the necessary
documents available for the application. The papers should have the proper translation, notarization, and legalization as required by the provisions of the C.B.I.U.
- Once the agent/agency has submitted your application, CBIU will conduct a proper
assessment and background investigation to validate the provided documents. After the diligence check, they will recommend the request to the government based on the result of the process. If the government approves this, a letter will be sent to the applicant’s representative informing he/she about the success of the application or otherwise.
- Once the government approves the request, the agent will re-file the case to the C.B.I.U,
and he/she shall be responsible for any inquiries or correspondence concerning the applicant’s case.
- Interviews are not compulsory except at the discretion of the government.
However, once the application is approved, the CBIU will guide the applicant on how to make the necessary donations to the Economic diversification fund (EDF) or the purchase of real estate. Once the payment is complete, a certificate of registration is issued to the applicant through his/her agent. The certificate is an evidence of Dominica citizenship and can be used to apply for the Dominica passport.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment: Benefits of the Dominica Passport
Investors and their dependents who obtain the Dominica passport are liable to enjoy the following benefits:
- A member of a global environment that includes several communities within the Dominica borders
- Low tax rates – this includes zero tax in wealth, gift, capital income or inheritance
- Investors and their family members will have the full right to live, work, and study in Dominica at their wish
- Investors will enjoy double citizenship because Dominica supports a second passport
- The freedom to live in a peaceful, serene, and beautiful environment having in mind that they have contributed to its growth through the Dominica Citizenship by investment program
- A Dominica passport holder is eligible for visa-free travel to up to 90 countries within Europe, Asia, and America.
You can also checkout the Spain Golden Visa
Dominica Citizenship by Investment – Documents and Requirements for the application
Documents necessary for the Dominica citizenship by investment in 2019 are;
- Disclosure form also known as D1-form
- Applicants will have to complete a biometric form (D2) which should be carried out in the presence of a fingerprinting officer)
- Applicants will submit a medical certificate signed by an approved medical practitioner
- Provide a copy of the investment agreement signed by the principal applicant. Also, the sales and purchase form in case of a real estate
- A complete and notarized copy of the application form 12 (two copies)
- Birth and marriage certificate (where such applicants has a spouse)
- A police certificate from the applicant’s country of birth, residency or citizenship where he/she has lived for up to 16 years
- All copies of driver’s license, valid passport, or any relevant identity information together with eight Passport-sized photographs
- Copies of relevant college/university degrees or diplomas
- A court affidavit for any dependent included in the application except for the applicant’s spouse
- Affidavit to support the change of name of the applicant or their dependents except the change was due to marriage
- For applicants with military background, copies of military services and certificates should be provided
- 12 months bank statement and employment letter of the applicant
- Documents to validate the applicant’s source of funds and signed by a notary agent
- A well-written letter to the immigration minister
- A CV or resume together with the applicant’s business or employment background
- Proof of payment for the investment and application fees
For all documents that will be submitted by the applicant’s agent, it must be translated to English where necessary, together with a notary signature, and court approval.