An Overview of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
Are you planning to pursue your career in Australia? Great decision! Australia is a popular destination for skilled professionals who want to kick start their life with a better job and salary. Being an Immigrant-Friendly country, it is now easy for skilled immigrants to enter the country by applying for a skilled independent visa subclass 189. If you have the qualifications and real-life skills in demand within the country, you may be an ideal candidate to obtain a 189 Skilled Independent visa. DM immigration consultant is a MARA-registered Australian immigration agency and can provide the support you need to get the 189 Australian Skilled Independent Visa. To know more about Australia Skilled Immigration, send us an inquiry or schedule a free consultation with our experienced and certified Australia immigration consultants in Dubai.
Key Features of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The 189 skilled visa is a point-based stream designed to attract invited migrants with specific skills to fill the labor shortages in the Australian community. If you have the skills to contribute to the job market, you will be eligible to apply for 189 visas to work, live, and study abroad in Australia. Once the visa is granted, you will be invited to enjoy the privileges of Australian Citizens and PR holders. With this skilled 189 visa, you can able to:
- Get access to Medicare and other health services at a low cost
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years (as long as your visa is valid)
- Become a permanent resident of Australia
To apply for this skilled independent visa subclass 189, we invite you to get help from our professional visa consultants in Dubai. We provide Australian Immigration Services to assist immigrants in making their dream of pursuing their career abroad a reality. Schedule a Free Consultation now!
Points Table for Skilled Independent Visa – Calculate your Score!
The Australia Skilled Visa Subclass 189 is a point-based immigration program. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 65 points on the point assessment. To apply for this visa, you must submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the Department of Australia Immigration. Those who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be chosen for subclass 189 permanent visa issuance. The applicant’s profile will be validated based on the points awarded.
- 18 to 25 years – 25 Points
- 25 to 33 years – 30 Points
- 33 to 40 years – 25 Points
- 40 to 45 years – 15 Points
- Competent – 0 Points
- Proficient – 10 Points
- Superior – 20 Points
- Doctorate – 20 Points
- Master’s/Bachelor’s – 15 Points
- Diploma – 10 Points
- Awarded for Skilled Occupation – 10 Points
- Less Than 3 Years – 0 Points
- 3-4 Years – 5 Points
- 5-7 Years – 10 Points
- Up to 8 Years – 15 Points
- Less Than 1 Year – 0 Points
- 1-2 Years – 5 Points
- 3-4 Years – 10 Points
- 5-7 Years – 15 Points
- Up to 8 Years – 20 Points
Get Extra Points for Australia PR
If you are planning to accompany your spouse, the Australian Government can reward you an extra 5 points based on your spouse's skill set. To get those different points, your spouse should comply with:
- Age should be within 45 years
- English proficiency skills
- Skilled in any jobs listed under SOL
- Positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority
- Hold an eligible skilled occupation
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Skilled Visa Subclass 189
To start applying for a Skilled Visa 189, the applicants must adhere to specific requirements as follows:-
- Get an Invitation to Apply
- Skills assessment
- Score a minimum of 65 points
- Have a competent level of English proficiency
- Must meet the health & character requirement
- No outstanding debt against the Australian Government
- The age limit should be within 45 years old
- Sign the commitment letter with the Australian Government
- No record of visa cancellation or visa refusal
Are you complying with all these eligibility requirements? Great! The next step is to arrange the documents required to proceed with the application.
Checklist of Documents Required to Apply for Skilled 189 Visa Australia
- Duly filled subclass 189 application form
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Skill assessment report
- Police clearance certificate with zero criminal records
- Health examination certificate
- Proof of relationship like marriage certificate (if the case, if your spouse is accompanying you)
- Other supporting documents, if requested by the case officer
Ensure all the documents submitted are in English or translate them to English before submitting. Also, ensure the application form is duly filled by providing all the required information because any misleading or incorrect information can result in the denial or rejection of the visa application. Get help from MARA-certified counselors from the leading Australia immigration consultancy in Dubai.
How to Apply for a Skilled Independent Subclass Visa 189?
- If you’re a skilled professional, check the Skilled Occupational List (SOL) to find out whether your job is listed there or not. If so, you can proceed further by submitting an Expression of Interest.
- Gather all the required documents per the checklist. You can get help from professional Australian immigration consultants in Dubai to arrange the paperwork if needed.
- Our immigration & visa agents can help you apply for a skilled independent visa 189 per Australian immigration laws.
- The experienced consultants from DM do a proper follow-up with the government officials and update you if any additional documents are required.
- It will take around 8 to 10 months to process your visa. Once it’s processed and approved, DHA will grant you the visa in writing. After receiving a skilled independent visa, you will be all set to build your career.
How can DM Immigration Consultants in Dubai Help you apply for Subclass 189?
Have you decided to apply for a skilled independent visa subclass 189? But don’t know how to get started with the application process? DM Immigration Consultants are here to assist you with the application process and do the best Australia immigration services to make your migration process easy. Our services will be extended to: –
- Preparing paperwork & assistance in filling out the application form
- Counseling to find the right Australia skilled immigration program
- Free IELTS training sessions and study materials to improve your language proficiency
- Guidance and advice to attend the visa interview
- Post landing services to find accommodation, open bank account, and job search assistance
Schedule a FREE Consultation with our experienced and MARA-Certified agents to learn how t apply for a Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189.
Skilled Migration Roadmap
A person with the required work experience and skills can immigrate to a foreign country, register through our website and give wings to your dream.
You will get Call back within 10 Minutes
After registering yourself with us, you can expect a call from our experts. We offer free consultation!
Counseling session with our experts
Our certified immigration consultants will walk you through the skilled immigration requirements and process after reviewing your details.
Hassle free signup process
The signup process is extremely convienent & hasselfree ,you can use our online payment gateway to start your process quickly and working on gathering the documents .
Documentation & Submission
Our highly experienced process officers will leave no stone unturned to get you nomination from federal or provincial government , your application will be filed with our RCIC & MARA representation making it 100% perfect and errorfree .
Visa Filing upon nomination
Once you receive the nomination our visa officers will make sure to file visa for you & your family in given timleline making sure no delays and laps in completion of the process .
Pre-landing & Post-landing services
Our services doesn’t end here, we are holding your hands until you migrate to Canada. Our post landing team will help you to settle in Canada hasslefree making sure you are prepared with all pre and post landing formalities before travel .
Get Ready to Fly
Signup with DM Immigration Consultants today the largest immigration consultants in the region , we are based in seven countries having 15 offices with 300 plus immigration experts!