An Overview of Temporary Work Visa – TSS 482 Visa
Are you thinking about Migrating to Australia? Great decision! Thousands of skilled foreign nationals are immigrating to Australia to enjoy a better life and a high-standard lifestyle. Australia is known for its gorgeous landscapes and offers plenty of job & career opportunities for Australian citizens and immigrants alike. If you want to work while you study or looking to earn some extra income by doing part-time jobs, you must apply for a Temporary Work Visa Australia 482. Introduced as a replacement for the Subclass 457 Visa, the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482) enables Australian employers to hire foreign talent to address the labor shortage. DM immigration consultant is a MARA-registered Australian immigration agency in Dubai, UAE, and can provide the support you need to obtain the temporary 482 Australian work visa. To know more, send us an inquiry today!
Key Features of Australia Temporary Work Visa
The main aim of this Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 is to fill the shortage of skilled workers in the Australian market by recruiting foreign labors when they cannot find an appropriately qualified Australian citizen. Working in Australia under a valid TSS 482 visa can lead to a pathway to Australia Permanent Residency. Employers can sponsor skilled professionals for this visa if they cannot find an Australian Citizen to do the skilled work. To sponsor the employee for a work permit visa, the employer must be a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS) or an Overseas Business Sponsor. While lodging the TSS 482 work permit visa application, you can be in or outside Australia.
If an approved sponsor wishes to provide sponsorship for a skilled professional, they need to apply for an Employee Nomination with the Department of Home Affairs. Employers not eligible to become a sponsor should apply for a sponsorship first and then proceed with the employee nomination. Suppose you’re a skilled professional and wish to apply for a TSS 482 visa. In that case, you need to find an eligible employer to sponsor you to apply for a Temporary Work Visa Australia 482.
Schedule a FREE Consultation with our MARA-Certified Australia Immigration Consultants in Dubai to get more info on Temporary Work Visa Australia 482.
Different Streams of TSS 482 Australia Work Visa
Short Term Stream
This is for employers who wish to recruit temporary overseas skilled workers in any occupations listed on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for a maximum of 2 years or 4 years.
Medium Term Stream
This is for employers who wish to hire highly skilled workers to fill critical positions listed on the Medium- & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or ROL for up to 4 yrs with an eligibility to apply for an Australia PR after 3 years.
Labour Agreement Stream
Employees can apply for a Labour Agreement stream if their sponsor is a part of the Labour agreements. The agreement between Employers and the Australian government must allow employers to bring workers to Australia.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Temporary Work Visa Australia 482
To be eligible for this visa, as a skilled overseas professional, you need to: –
- Must have been nominated for the job by an approved sponsor
- Must meet the required skills and qualifications to complete any skills assessment required
- Meet the language proficiency required
- Must meet the health and character requirements
- Must have a functional visa with a Subclass 010 Visa, 020 and 030 bridging visa, if you’re inside the country while lodging the work permit visa application
To nominate skilled professionals, the employers must adhere to the following criteria:
- Have a standard business sponsorship
- Legally operate a business in Australia
- Should bear the sponsorship fees
- Submit a valid employment contract
- Give the proof of Labor Market Impact Assessment
Documents Required to Apply for an Australia Work Permit Visa
Applicants who apply for an Australia work permit visa must keep all the following documents handy.
- A copy of valid passport and other identification documents such as an ID Card or Marriage Certificate
- Submit the required documents that prove your experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Submit a skill assessment report. Ensure to attach this report with the visa application to be eligible for visa issuance.
- Evidence that you have a basic English Language proficiency
- Provide valid health insurance during your stay in Australia
- Evidence of Mental and Health Examination
- Submit your marriage certificate, if you are accompanying your spouse
- Submit the birth certificate and parental consent form 1229 if you’re traveling with a minor child and form 47 for an adult-dependent child.
How to Apply for an Australia Work Permit Visa Subclass 482?
- Check your eligibility to apply for an Australia Work Permit Visa. Make sure:
- Your job is listed on the consolidated skilled occupation lists
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Health insurance
- Mental and physical health examination
- Find an employer eligible to sponsor you for the application for an Australia work permit visa subclass TSS 482. Employers can complete the sponsorship application process online by visiting the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
- Once the employer nominates you for the TSS 482 Australia work visa, you can apply for the work permit visa through the online portal DHA.
- The DHA (Department of Home Affairs) may take several months to approve your visa application. Typically, the processing time for a 482 visa will be between 5 and 9 months.
- Once the processing is done, your visa will be approved, and you will receive your work permit visa. And then you’re legally all set to work in Australia.
How can DM Immigration Consultants in Dubai help you with 482 visa applications?
Applying for a temporary work visa in Australia 482 requires professional assistance. A certified Australia work permit visa agent can increase your chance of successful visa approval. At DM Immigration Consultants in Dubai, we take pride in assisting over 10,000 immigrants to settle in their dream country.
We can assist you by providing:
- Proper assistance in gathering the required documents
- Free counseling sessions to start with your visa application process
- Free IELTS Training Sessions to increase your CRS Score
- A dedicated case officer will be assigned to take care of your visa process
Reach out to us today to start your temporary work visa Australia 482 application process!