UK Student Visa Application in Dubai
Through the UK student visa application, a lot of individuals from other countries including the UAE will have access to travel and study in the UK within a specific range of time. The Visa application process in Dubai is the same as it is in other parts of the world.
Today, the United Kingdom has an advanced educational system that has become the envy of different nationalities, and this has continuously led to an influx of students from various countries around the globe who are looking to undergo various study programs in the UK. Our duty at Dm-consultants is to ensure that our team of competent Immigration consultants ensures that every individual in the UAE who wish to study gets the right information and professional assistance towards their UK student visa from Dubai.
UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
To obtain the UK student visa, you need to understand the categories, eligibility, and requirements of the application. The eligibility is calculated using a point-based-system called the Tier 4. There are three categories of UK student visa, and each type has its eligibility criteria and requirements. Generally, the processing time for the UK student visa is between 3- 4 weeks from the time of application.
Short-term study visa
The UK short-terms study visa is for individuals who want to undertake a short program in the UK that won’t exceed six months. However, those that are eligible for British citizenship application do not need to process this Visa. The Visa is usually valid for a period of six to eleven months. To qualify for the short-term UK study visa, you need to;
- Have an admission placement in a recognized institution in the UK as at the time of your application
- Provide financial evidence that you can sponsor yourself without any public aid or that you have relatives in the UK that can sponsor you.
- Applicants whose age are below 18 must provide express permission from their parents or guardians.
- Have a valid passport
- Applicants should provide detail information about where they plan to stay once they arrive in the UK
- Be a citizen of a country that is outside the EEA or Switzerland
- Show Academic certificates of the previous study
- Proof of English language qualifications
- Other requirements will vary depending on your purpose for the short learning. However, the above is the fundamental eligibility criteria that you must fulfill.
General Student study visa (Tier 4)
The UK General student study Visa is basically for individuals who want to undergo course programs in the UK that will exceed 11 months. It is advised to apply for this Visa three months before the commencement of your study. With the UK General student visa, you can work in some jobs depending on your course and duration of the study, stay in the UK for as long as your program is still valid.
To be eligible to apply for the General student visa (Tier 4), you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicants must have a reference number (CAS) from their designated institution
- Undergo a course that is relevant under the General student visa application portal
- Applicants must have an offer of admission with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- Show financial proof that you can sustain yourself during your study
- Provide valid documents which include a medical report, a letter of consent (for those under 18), evidence of your proficiency in the English language.
Child Student Visa (Tier 4)
The child Student Visa category is for applicants who are between the ages of four to seventeen and wish to study in an independent institution in the UK. Such applicants will also need to fulfill requirements as stated above except that such individuals must provide a letter of consent from their parents or sponsors.